25.2.06

Celestial Citizens (2004, modelled from Al Purdy)

They are swaying white ornaments
in the throne-room's flushed applause
while you try to count them
several hundred times
in failing attempt
where their shouting sounds
like an international anthem
you start to call them ‘heav’n’s nationals’
Long ago
it seemed to be
that Triune paced this way
sat among the jeweled rainbow
to prepare for time’s ending
and speaking to each other
where flaming tongues
licks low the glass carpet
and the sky wavers
like a creased sea
with light galloping
kingdom was their resolution
and promise the mark of their touch
that lasts seven times over
and moves home
like my first love song to You
that You kept in Your drawer
and returned the sweet refrain

Revelations 4:1-3, 5-6a
The Throne in Heaven
1After this I looked, and there before me was a door standing open in heaven. And the voice I had first heard speaking to me like a trumpet said, "Come up here, and I will show you what must take place after this."
2At once I was in the Spirit, and there before me was a throne in heaven with someone sitting on it. 3And the one who sat there had the appearance of jasper and carnelian. A rainbow, resembling an emerald, encircled the throne.
5From the throne came flashes of lightning, rumblings and peals of thunder. Before the throne, seven lamps were blazing. These are the seven spirits of God. 6Also before the throne there was what looked like a sea of glass, clear as crystal.

Revelations 7:9-10
The Great Multitude in White Robes
9After this I looked and there before me was a great multitude that no one could count, from every nation, tribe, people and language, standing before the throne and in front of the Lamb. They were wearing white robes and were holding palm branches in their hands. 10And they cried out in a loud voice:

___"Salvation belongs to our God,
___who sits on the throne,
___and to the Lamb."

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home