6.4.06

Steal (draft ii)

________________Steal
my affections and will in the
fold of Your love.
I've been stolen and the adoption
grows on me, in me.
Calluses on forehead
You never flinch when
my hands kiss your tanned feet.

And it's just You and me in the room
filling of smoke from my
alabaster jar
'smash'

Still now, surprised still
by the cristae that I thought I
knew well enough
to make a map of this matrix.
The solid lines of buzzing colours
have broken out
to a fury of static
black or white and movement that scares me.
And a wind blows down the antenna, into
my marrows.

________________ Steal, You are a Collector.
Shivering to see the tall necks
swaying in bark skins,
my eyes cold and dry in Your fierce wind
Fierce.
(You are a Collector.)
Like fire.
(Not a thief.)
To terrify with jealous love
and penetrate with washing flames.

Here, I am collected. And my adoption
runs deep
to waters I will pass through
and
rivers that will not overtake me
and fire I'll come out from un-singed
... I've been stolen by fierce love
and gathered to His side

1 Comments:

At 9:17 a.m., Blogger Erin said...

shiver, smile, a thousand amens.

 

Post a Comment

<< Home