8.2.07

Resistance

like desert

there are dunes and tracks in the powdery texture,
white___grain___mounts

breathing all over the horizon
in angry gusts,
burning on my ears
and stinging my face

(don't you know that wind is just a special effect?)

and Underneath this skin of desert
even further than the ceiling of ice
I'm still moving.

those ripples are mine
and the dimpled dents on the surface
are my causation

(the reason why she can't sleep when the pea
is under all hundred of those mattresses)

she can't sleep

won't rest
until she ceases,

yields to
the barricade that's embracing her.

2 Comments:

At 12:41 p.m., Blogger JnR said...

i love this one val, everyone seems to be making the fable references lately and by everyone i mean you and erin; truthfully ive just been thinking about fairytales, my favourite past time.

im sure there is a deeper meaning here, please, enlighten me dahlink.

hearts.

 
At 7:49 p.m., Blogger valerie salerie said...

i wrote this one looking at the Otonobee outside from Bata. i was thinking about the snow textures atop the river, and how there is still a surging black water beneath it. the liquid part of the water kind of meets the ice/snow in a v-shape beneath the bridge, and i was thinking about the kind of resistance and pressure being built up at that point.

that build-up of pressure and resistance in the water against and beneath the snow/ice layer reminded me of myself when i think about my relationship to God sometimes. lately it's like i keep fighting His grace, and the only way i know for there to be real peace is for me to let myself go in His embrace.

i kind of get at this w/ my latest post on the onion blog too

Jenn, i love your questions and comments :)

 

Post a Comment

<< Home